Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hello Mr. Fatty

I am creating this blog for one simple reason, I have gotten fat and I am tired of it. It is my intention that this space will serve as an online diary of my attempt to get fit again, whether it ever gains a readership or not is completely secondary to my desire to shed unwanted fat and gain muscle mass. I intend to be as blunt as possible and post all the embarrassing details including pictures along the way. No sugar coating this one (because I might eat it if it is sugar coated).

Now a bit about how I got here.

I am a 32 year old male, married for 4 years with a brand new baby boy. Probably the last time I was in really good shape was my early 20's. The last time I was nearly in good shape was about a year ago. I had hit what I thought was my breaking point at about 240 pounds and finally started to exercise and watch my diet and had gotten down to a muscular 220. I still had a ways to go but I was starting to feel good about how I looked in jeans and a tee shirt. In June of last year my father was diagnosed with lung cancer and this finally gave me the motivation I needed to quit smoking. My father passed in August coincidentally the same day I found out I was to be a father.

The combination of quitting smoking and having a pregnant wife turned out to be too much for my diet plans. I soon had thrown it all out the window and was back to eating junk, indulging my wife's ice cream cravings and having a nice big bowl myself. This has progressed to today where I believe I am now around 260 lbs and sick of it.

No comments: