Sunday, April 20, 2008

Mixed Bag and a Scale

This weekend I am trying to ease into the plan, all and all it was a mixed bag. Saturday I went to a wedding and not much else, pretty sedantary and I had 2 pieces of wedding cake, one chocolate and one white with cherries. I also drank several beers.

Sunday was better and not only have I avoided eating many bad things I also mowed our expansive lawn and weed-eated. Once finished with that I needed a swim so I put in a good twenty minutes of vigorous swimming. I felt the burn in my arms and pectoral muscles.

After all that I ventured out to Walmart to buy a scale, an outdoor clock and thermometer so I can time my swims, and some more healthy groceries. I didn't go crazy with the health food, just tried to eliminate the junk food. I got a bunch of peanut butter and apples to be my "healthy" snack at the office rather than the junkfood they graciously provide.

Once home I put the scale to work, it's a fancy one that does BMI so:

I weighed in at 252.4 lbs
Programmed in my 6' height and it told me I had a BMI of 25, which the paper thin instruction manual says is the bottom range of overweight. I'm not buying that 24% body mass index is considered "normal" as the scale would have me believe.

Regardless I just need to get pictures up then you can judge for yourself.

No comments: